Research two manufacturing or two service companies that manage inventory and write a 5–7 page in which you:
- Determine the types of inventories these companies currently manage and describe their essential inventory characteristics.
- Analyze how each of their goods and service design concepts are integrated.
- Evaluate the role their inventory plays in the company’s performance, operational efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Compare and contrast the four different types of layouts found with each company; explain the importance of the layouts to the company’s manufacturing or service operations.
- Determine at least two metrics to evaluate supply chain performance of the companies; suggest improvements to the design and operations of their supply chains based on those metrics.
- Suggest ways to improve the inventory management for each of the companies without affecting operations and the customer benefit package. Provide a rationale to support the suggestion.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.