Week 15 – Chapter 14 Criteria for answers:
1) Direct reference to the chapter’s laws/regulations (Employment Laws, Case Law, Statutes)
2) Direct reference to the chapter’s concepts (discrimination, ethics, social responsibility)
3) Quotes from the text.
4) Personal opinions based on an analysis of the above. 5) Each answer should be a paragraph (or a minimum of 5-7 sentences long)
1. Read this week’s ethical dilemma. What would you do?
2. What are some global issues confronting women? How might these be overcome?
3. What is the general process for selecting expatriates?
4. Why is repatriation and orientation training needed?
5. What difficulties do virtual teams have in the global environment?
6. What does the text mean be ‘think globally but act locally’ in regards to compensation?
7. What are the factors that HR needs to consider in global health and safety?
8. What are some of the challenges that HR faces in a global environment?