THEORY This week, we will be writing about change theory models. You get to choose which change theory you would like to write about in the context of the work HR professionals are called to do in today’s organizations. Select one of the following change theory/models:
Apply your selected model to the work that HR is called on to do in today’s organization. Write a 4+ page paper (not including the title page or reference page) in Word describing your selected theory/model and analyze situations in which an HR manager can make good use of this change theory or model. Also, Draw in information on how this might be use in the Vanilla Healthcare case study.
1. Download the file named Week 7 – Change Theory.docx
2. Complete the paper and rename it with the following format:
Week 7 – Change Theory_YourLastName.docx
3. Upload the paper.
Cite at least three scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles. Because some change theories and models are written about in seminal works from years ago, your sources are not restricted to recent publications. APA format is required.
· Block, P. (2011). Flawless Consulting: A guide to getting your expertise used. San Francisco, CA: Pfeiffer.
· Read pp. 129-158
· Patterson, K., Grenny, J., McMillan, R., & Switzler, A. (2002). Crucial conversations: Tools for talking when stakes are high. New York, NY: McGraw Hill.
· Read pp. 211-222
· Fisher, R., Ury, W., & Patton, B. (2011). Getting to yes: Negotiating agreement without giving in. New York, NY: Penguin Books.
· Read pp. 109-145
· McKinsey & Company, The irrational side of change management (Links to an external site.)
· McKinsey & Company, The psychology of change management (Links to an external site.)
None of these are required readings or necessary to view. To that end, I have found the concept of transition management to be helpful.
According to William Bridges, effective change management is achieved through solid transition management.