PLEASE ANSWER ALL HIGHLIGHED QUESTIONS
ONE SLIDE BY QUESTION WITH SPEAKER NOTE
Top of Form
After graduating from nursing school and passing your boards, you accepted a position as an RN in the Progressive Cardiac Care Unit (PCCU) at Rasmussen General Hospital (RGH). In the weeks ahead, the PCCU plans to implement a new initiative where clients who received a cardiac stent during their angioplasty will be sent home on 6 months of oral antiplatelet therapy with clopidogrel.
Historically, clients diagnosed with coronary artery disease post-op stent placement were admitted to the hospital’s observation unit for 24 hours and then sent home. However, when surveyed about their experiences, many clients reported they did not like moving to a new unit for 24 hours, it was considered time-consuming, and inconvenient. Under RGH’s new program, PCCU nurses will be responsible for educating clients about their new medication and administering the first dose to the client before discharge instead of transferring clients to the observation unit for 24 hours.
As part of this new initiative, all PCCU nurses at RGH must be trained to properly educate these clients on all aspects of their new medication regimen. Because you have demonstrated a keen interest in pharmacology, your manager has asked you to develop the educational tools that will be used to train the nurses at RGH.
Your manager explained that all of the PCCU nurses at RGH will be educated in small groups through a short, in-service training session. You have been asked to develop a professional-looking PowerPoint presentation that the trainers will use to guide the in-service sessions. Your PowerPoint will need to:
1. Be professional-looking (show current evidence-based practices), have a title slide, and 10-15 content slides.
2. Use the Speaker Notes feature in PowerPoint to reduce the amount of text that appears on the content slides.
3. The Speaker Notes for each slide will contain the text that will guide what the trainer will say while presenting the slides during the in-service.
4. The speaker notes should be written in full sentence format. The speak notes should show comprehension of the material, this means the speaker notes should add additional information to the notes on the slide; they should explain definitions, diagrams, and provide examples. The speaker notes should be easy to understand and follow. The speaker notes should add to the presentation and not be directly copied from the content slides. (Speaker notes should follow APA guidelines)
5. The Speak Notes need to be copied onto a word document and submitted through grammeraly.
6. The content slides themselves should be clear and easy to understand; they serve as an outline so the audience can follow along with what is being presented (Slide should follow APA guidelines)
7. Both slides and speaker notes should be written using proper spelling/grammar and at a level that would be appropriate for the audience.
8. Remember the purpose of the training is to help nurses learn about this medication so they can educate their clients about the use of a medication. With that in mind, it may be helpful to provide examples of how to explain the information to a client in an easy-to-understand way without complicated, technical terms.
9. Include APA formatted in-text citations on each slide as well as in the speaker notes. This assignment requires 3 scholarly references and present the sources in APA format on a References slide.
10. Contain content addressing the items below.
12. State the drug name and its therapeutic category
13. Pharmacodynamics (how does this drug work? How does it affect the body?)
14. Pharmacokinetics (how is this drug absorbed, distributed, metabolized, and excreted; why is this information important to the nurse? How can you connect this information to nursing care?).
15. Discuss dosage, scheduling, route, and length of therapy.
16. Describe what clients can expect regarding their therapeutic response and when it should develop