Production management This case has to base on an existing companies production line due date is 27th of November. BCO 214 PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT Task brief & rubrics
Assessment 1 (Project)
· This is an individual task.
· The task focuses on areas studied to date, requiring you to show knowledge and application in the parts stated.
· You should upload a single, correctly formatted document which may also include any relevant tables and diagrams
Choose a specific operations system and brand within a specific industry
1) Describe all the main processes and activities of this operations system. Identify the nature of these processes and draw a flowchart of these processes indicating all the main activities, processes and resources involved
2) Describe the lay-out or the physical space distribution of all these processes, tasks and inputs within the operations system and identify which typology of lay-out it is as well as its weaknesses
3) Calculate different ratios of productivity of this operations system that measure the efficiency of this system and identify the main drivers or factors that determine the performance of this system
5) Propose different measures and actions to take to enhance the productivity and the quality of this system. Justify your answer
Students are required to use the Harvard Referencing System.
· Wordcount: 2.000 words (for the case)
· Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded from the total wordcount.
· Font: Arial 12,5 pts.
· Text alignment: Justified.
· Harvard style in-text citations and bibliography
Submission: – Via Moodle (Turnitin). Week 9 November 28th by 23.59 CEST
Weight: This task is a 30 % of your total grade for this subject.
It assesses the following learning outcomes:
· understand the production management within operation management;
· describe operations processes design and their management to contextualize and improve production performance;
· assess lay out design and evaluate facility location;
<60% Knowledge (40%) Demonstrates exceptional knowledge and understanding of key concepts. Demonstrate good knowledge and understanding of key concepts- The report demonstrates a satisfactory level of knowledge and understanding of key concepts at this basic level. Demonstrates limited knowledge and understanding of the key concepts. Demonstrates extremely poor knowledge and lack of understanding of the key concepts. Application (30%) All analytical tools studied are applied very well and highly relevant insight is drawn from them. Most analytical studied tools are applied well and relevant insight is drawn from them. Some analytical tools studied are applied well although there may be some minor misunderstandings. Some relevant insight may be drawn. Some misunderstandings may be in evidence for one or two tools. Limited insight drawn from analysis. There is almost no attempt to apply tools Evaluation (20%) There is exceptional evidence of evaluation and justification of recommendations There is some good evidence of evaluations of concepts and justification of recommendations There is some evidence of evaluation of the concepts and justification of recommendations There is little evidence of evaluation of concepts and justification of recommendations There is no virtually no evidence of evaluation of concepts and justification of recommendations Communication (10%) The management report is communicated extremely coherently, and referencing is accurate throughout The management report is communicated quite clearly, and referencing is fairly accurate but there are some issues in terms of spelling and structure The management report communicates the ideas in a mostly coherent way but there are some errors and some errors in referencing which are not accurate The management report is understandable but is communicated poorly and referencing is inaccurate The management report is extremely poor in terms of referencing (inaccurate or absent) and tends to be incoherent or insufficient (length) in terms of conveying ideas