Mgt Bpd Assin 1 M3 need help
info in the doc
This exercise will tie concepts from the chapter material to the simulations assigned in this module. Completing this exercise will prepare you to help you to make decisions during the simulation rounds and prepare you for completing your decision log journal entry, artifact analysis assignment, and milestone due in this module.
For this exercise, you will apply what you learned in Chapters 5 and 6 to identify your own company’s and your rivals’ competitive and supplemental strategies.
book is Thompson, A. (2020). Strategy: Core concepts and analytical approaches (6th ed.). McGraw-Hill Education. MGT 4337: Business Policy and Decision Making
Module 3 Strategy Exercises Worksheet
Overview: This exercise will tie concepts from the chapter material to the simulations assigned in this module. Completing this exercise will prepare you to help you to make decisions during the simulation rounds and prepare you for completing this module’s decision log journal entries and artifact analyses.
Specifically, you will apply what you learned in Chapters 5 and 6 to identify your own company’s and your rivals’ competitive and supplemental strategies, as well as outline specific actions to obtain a sustainable competitive advantage.
Directions: Download and save a copy of this document so you can edit the worksheet with your responses to the questions below.
1. Which of the five basic competitive strategies best characterize your athletic footwear company’s strategic approach to competing successfully?
2. Which rival footwear companies appear to be employing a low-cost provider strategy?
3. Which rival footwear companies appear to be employing a broad differentiation strategy?
4. Which rival companies appear to be employing some type of focus strategy?
5. Which rival companies appear to be employing a best-cost provider strategy?
6. What is your company’s plan to achieve a sustainable competitive advantage over rivals? List at least three (preferably more than three) specific kinds of decision entries on specific decision screens that your company has made or intends to make to win this kind of competitive edge over rivals.
1. What offensive strategy options discussed in this chapter does your athletic footwear company have? Identify at least two offensive moves that your company should seriously consider in order to improve the company’s market standing and financial performance.
2. What defensive strategy moves should your company consider in the upcoming decision round? Identify at least two defensive actions your company has taken in the past one or two decision rounds.
3. Is your company vertically integrated to some extent? Explain why or why not.
Guidelines for Submission: To complete this assignment, submit a saved copy of this completed worksheet.
Instructor Feedback: This activity uses an integrated rubric in Blackboard. Students can view instructor feedback in the Grade Center.
Needs Improvement (75%)
Not Evident (0%)
Submitted a complete worksheet that demonstrates sincere effort.
Submitted a mostly complete worksheet that demonstrates sincere effort.
Submitted an incomplete worksheet.
Did not submit a worksheet.