Mental Health Disorder
Mental Health Newsletter/Brochure – Major Depression
After reviewing the topic assigned chapters and the electronic resources in your study Topic Resources, choose between bipolar, major depression, or a somatic disorder. Create a newsletter or brochure that is between 750–1,200 words, either through Canva.com, Microsoft Word, or Microsoft PowerPoint, to address the following:
1. Describe the chosen disorder and the assigned code from the current DSM.
2. Which psychological model best fits this disorder (i.e., biological, cognitive)?
3. Discuss the etiology of this disorder and the common symptoms, including the manifestation of the symptoms.
4. Identify the different forms of treatment and therapy commonly prescribed for this disorder. Discuss the efficacy while considering a multicultural worldview.
5. Examine the values and belief systems about behavioral health disorders across cultures. How would the various stigmas or beliefs affect treatment options?
6. List national and local resources where someone can receive support for this disorder.
7. Include a minimum of two scholarly sources to support your assignment.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
3.6 Assess psychological practices using a culturally sensitive worldview.
BS Behavioral Health Science
3.4: Examine the values and belief systems of behavioral health disorders across cultures.