Considering the movie Renaissance Man that you watched this week, discuss the types of learning (formal, informal, nonformal) and models of transfer you noted and how learning transfer was impeded and supported by culture, technology, and other environmental aspects. For this question, address the following:
- As an educator of adults, what would you do to improve the learning experience of the major characters? To enhance their motivation?
- What would you leave unchanged?
- When was the learning going on, and was the learning intentional?
- What cultures were represented?
- Consider more than nationality or race.
- What technologies were involved?
- Who was involved, and why were they motivated to learn in the situations presented?
- Did those involved demonstrate transfer of learning to another time, place, or situation?