Module 02 Content
Top of Form
Osteoporosis is a bone disease marked by brittle and fragile bones. In this assignment, you will explore this disease in more detail using the scenario below.
During a recent visit with a female relative, the relative informs you that she has been diagnosed with osteopenia, a precursor to osteoporosis. In order to help your relative, you decide to research this disease further.
To complete this assignment, do the following:
1. Research this disease using a minimum of 2 sources. You can use your textbook for one of the sources. Choose the remaining source(s) from the GALE Virtual Reference Library provided on the Structure and Function of the Human Body library guide page.
2. In a minimum of 2 pages (not counting the references page), address the following:
· Explain how osteoporosis develops and the potential causes.
· Describe the ways that your relative can prevent the onset of osteoporosis.
3. Include a references page at the end of your document, formatted using the APA guidelines, that lists your research sources.
For help with formatting your references page, see the Structure and Function of the Human Body library guide page linked to above.
Submit your completed assignment by following the directions linked below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document
Evaluation / Exploration Assignment Rubric
(50 Points Possible)
__ /25pts: Student submitted a thorough, accurate and substantive post. This included addressing all of the original questions/topics in a clear, logical and organized manner. The post was grammatically correct.
__ /10pts: Student demonstrated a clear understanding of the topic. Critical thinking and original conclusions about the topic were included.
__ /5pts: Appropriate scientific college-level sources were used. Post contained APA formatted references and in-text citations.
__ /5pts: Student met the criteria of submitting at least two full pages typed (not including References listed at the end). The assignment can be double spaced.
__ /5pts: Exploration Assignment submitted on time. It is completed before Sunday (11:59 PM CST) of the same Module week it was assigned. Osteoporosis Assignment is due before the end of Module 2. Multiple Sclerosis Assignment is due before the end of Module 3. Coronary Artery Disease is due before the end of Module 4. Chronic Kidney Disease is due before the end of Module 5.