Students will be asked to plan and define the preliminary elements to organize an international beach volleyball exhibition event at one of the beaches of the village of Terracina (Italy) in the first week of June. 32 teams of two players from all over the world are to take part in the event, which is to have both men and women’s competition.
Students will need to define which are the main objectives of hosting that event, the different stakeholders involved, and the different objectives/interests each of these stakeholders may have in the event, the different departments/areas of the organizing committee, choose the most suitable location according to the criteria dealt with during the first weeks of the course and also introduce some sustainability concepts to observe throughout the implementation and delivery of the event.
The document needs to include both an introduction, a core with each of the different items/topics dealt with, and a conclusion to summarize the decisions made. The topics the students will be asked to address are:
- Reasons the city may have to host this event
- Stakeholders involved and the objectives each of them may have in the event.
- Competition format.
- Selection of the venue precise location, and justification of that choice.
- Definition of the different areas/departments of the organizing committee.
- Sustainability concepts to be observed.
The task should be submitted as a document (PDF), including the necessary graphic elements to support the decisions made.
- Wordcount: 1500-2000 words.
- Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded of the total wordcount.
- Font: Arial 12,5 pts.
- Text alignment: Justified.
- Any in-text reference and eventual bibliography have to be in Harvard’s citation style.