BA ORAL ARGUMENT BEFORE THE COURT!
Due to COVID, we now have a unique opportunity experience to view any number of different cases that have been presented before the court, so you now have your pick of cases to view, as they have been saved to Zoom and are on the court’s website.
Click on this link: https://www.courts.ca.gov/11668.htm (Links to an external site.)
Under “Archived Videos”, (about midway down the page), select any of the videos listed and watch the entire hearing.
TO COMPLETE THIS FOR EXTRA CREDIT:
FOR YOUR REPORT:
1. Write a brief 2-3-page report based on the cases that you heard.
2. In your own words, include a summary of the cases.
3. What to you was the most interesting part of the cases that you heard and why?
4. Why do you believe that the Court of Appeals is such an important part of our judicial process?
5. Do you believe that viewing cases like this is something that every American should see? Why or why not?
6. What was your opinion of the overall experience?
For your report- Report Details Continued:
1. Include a cover sheet – Your Name, Date, Title: 5DCA Oral Argument & date, Course & Instructor name
2. TWO SCREENSHOTS OF THE ORAL HEARING. – You can place those screenshots at the bottom of your report, or on the title page.
3. Make sure you run spell-check and grammar check, as this is a graded extra credit assignment.
4. Submit for extra credit prior to the deadline.
5. Check the schedule for the due date.