Assignment W5 Wald Submit your 4- to 5-page (excluding references) Coaching Reflection and Action Plan, which should address the following: See instruction for detail
Urgent Week 5: Feedforward for Growth
If delivered effectively, feedback centers on specific recommendations for future improvement and growth. If delivered ineffectively, it focuses only on what was done wrong, with no specific path provided toward a better outcome. Goldsmith (2002) provides an alternative approach labeled “feedforward.” It shares a future orientation with effective feedback but differs from feedback in that the coachee identifies the areas for improvement and asks for ideas from others about how to change the behavior.
In this Discussion, you will initiate your own feedforward experience with your peers and practice providing specific recommendations based on their feedforward requests.
To prepare for this Discussion:
· Reflect upon your own professional life, in particular, how you relate to and/or manage others in professional contexts.
· Identify one or more behaviors you would want to improve as you work with and manage others.
· Coaching Scenario – Word document
Submit your 4- to 5-page (excluding references) Coaching Reflection and Action Plan, which should address the following:
· Coaching Conversation went well with Chase and very successful
· After you have completed the coaching conversation with the Chase, use the following outline coaching plan, in which you walk through the experience and reflect upon the following:
· Did you accomplish the objectives you set out to accomplish?
“Yes, you did
.” Explain why or why not.
· What effects (positive and negative, if applicable) did your preparation have on the outcome? Provide a rationale to support your assessment.
· What do you feel you did particularly well in your coaching session? If you were going to hold the coaching session again, what might you have done differently, or what improvements would you make?
· How did the employee respond within the coaching session? What is your prediction for how the employee’s behavior will change (or not) as a result of this coaching session? What insights did you gain that would be helpful for future coaching sessions with the employee?
· As a conclusion to your coaching plan, choose at least one specific action you will take as a result of this experience to aid you further in your development as a manager and as a coach.
· No plagiarism
· APA citing